The Chiropractic Belief Test
Sometimes when I meet new people and they ask what I do, my response isn’t typically being a chiropractor in Wellington, FL. “I’m trying to change the way the world sees health,” is usually the reply I give. “Wow! Are you a doctor?” “Yes,” I say. “But not the kind that gives drugs or does surgery. Instead, I am trained to focus on the cause of disease instead of the symptoms of it.” “That’s so amazing,” they say. “What’s your degree in?” “Chiropractic!” “Oh. I don’t really believe in you people.”
Breaking Through the Stigma of Chiropractic
This has been a recurring experience as I drag people out of the medical model over the last 20 years. This is why everything I do is backed by science and has to pass the sniff test before we implement it. Making lifestyle changes is tough enough because of our neurological addictions to the habits and actions of our past. Add in the people who try to get you to stop changing by throwing in doubt and it’s over before it has begun. So, as you start to take better care of your master control system (brain and nerves), examine these statements in the Socratic method to see if you agree.
Do You Agree?
- I understand that my brain controls, coordinates, and maintains the functions of all my bodily organs and systems while keeping my body in homeostasis with my environment.
- I understand that my brain does this by sending and receiving messages through my spinal cord and nerves.
- My spinal cord is protected by movable bones called vertebra.
- If a nerve is severed, the organ that the nerve went to will be paralyzed.
- I believe in gravity, architecture, and biomechanics. My spine is subject to gravitational and traumatic forces.
- If a spine has a dysfunctional relationship with gravity, it will degenerate faster (Wolff’s law).
- If a nerve is dysfunctional, the organ or tissue that it supplies can’t be functional.
Ready to See for Yourself with a Chiropractor in Wellington, FL?
If you answered yes to the above questions, you believe in chiropractic! Next time someone tells you they don’t believe in chiropractic, tell them that you are always healthier with the pressure off your nerves than the pressure on your nerves. Then, have them take this test so they can make an educated decision and live a healthier, happier life. If you’re interested in changing your life for the better, contact us today to schedule an appointment.